Annozilla (Annotea on Mozilla)
Manual (draft) |
Source Code |
Project Aims |
Changes targetted at a 0.4 release
- (Partial) Mozilla Firebird compatibility
- New Delete Annotation functionality
- New Edit Annotation functionality
- Icons in the document now load the annotation body when selected
- Icons now optionally inserted in the body using XBL (therefore they don't change the DOM and should not disrupt scripts or stylesheets)
- New Sidebar implementation in XUL giving a cleaner and more functional user interface
- New HTML editor window for creating annotations (instead of a plain-text entry area)
- Works with spellchecker if you have it installed
- Split preferences across three panels
- Significantly refactored code for better maintainability and extensibility
- Improved auto-load functionality: auto-load annotations only from specified sites
Here are some aims of the Annozilla project.
Keep up with Mozilla releases
The 0.3.4 release brings Annozilla up to date with Mozilla 1.0. All future releases should be usable with Mozilla 1.0.
Interopability with Amaya
Annozilla should support all annotation features which Amaya supports. In particular:
Any annotation posted by Amaya should be readable with Annozilla
Currently Annozilla does not achieve this: Amaya can produce XPointers which Annozilla cannot interpret. Doug Daniels has recently provided me with a patch for improved XPointer support; I hope to include this in a 0.4 release in February/March.
The annotation schema has also had facilities added recently to allow Replies to annotations; Annozilla does not support this.
All annotation facilities provided by Amaya should be provided
In addition to the new Reply capability, Annozilla does not provide a way of
- changing the type
There have also been requests for Annozilla to interface with multiple servers, or to be able to keep annotations in a local file. These are likely to appear in future releases.