Annozilla (Annotea on Mozilla)
Manual (draft) |
Source Code |
Project Aims |
Future releases of Annozilla (probably from 0.4 upwards) will have a somewhat different appearance, with some additional functionality.
The sidebar will be implemented in XUL rather than HTML. This should give a better user interface.
This demonstrates the following functionality:
- A list of annotations, listed with author and creation date
- Selecting an annotation loads the text of the annotation in the sidebar
- Resizing the two parts of the sidebar
- An attempt to resolve the XPointer which describes the exact portion of the document being annotated, leading to:
- an attempt to display (in the sidebar) the text being annotated.
- an attempt to insert an annotation graphic into the main document to show where the annotated text begins
Creating annotations will use a graphical editor based on Mozilla's Composer, instead of a plain-text entry field.
It is also possible to check for replies in the sidebar.
Setting your preferences
The preferences will be split across three panels, mainly because the User Options panel needs some more space:
Towards the future...
I hope to include provision for annotating SVG and MathML. Here's the first SVG screenshot, displaying some success when annotating a purely SVG document using an SVG-enabled build of Mozilla.